We are the Northeast Region’s Entrepreneurial Network
Northeast Michigan is Well-Connected
- Bordered by north-south I-75 to the west and US-23 to the east, with a number of east-west roadways
- Three Lake Huron deep water ports, located in Alpena, Cheboygan and Rogers City
- Limited rail access along the eastern edge of the region leading to Alpena
Northeast Michigan is Committed to Business
- Economic development tools and financial support for business expansions and growth through a variety of resources, incentives and loans
Northeast Michigan Fuels Growth and Opportunity
- Regional partners, such as Michigan Works! Northeast Consortium, SBDC (Small Business Development Center), PTAC (Procurement Technical Assistance Center), and NEMCOG (Northeast Michigan Council of Governments), look forward to providing support and guidance.
- Pure Michigan Business Connect is a free access statewide procurement marketplace for businesses that features thousands of buyers and Michigan suppliers. Expand your supply chain, identify new opportunities and gain access to free or significantly reduced legal, accounting, human resources and web services.
Michigan Works! Northeast Consortium
Uniting job seekers and employers towards a prosperous future. Partnering with businesses to develop recruiting and retention strategies and with job seekers to enhance education and career opportunities. Free services.
Northeast Michigan Council of Governments
Providing grant writing, comprehensive land use, zoning, transportation planning, digital mapping, economic and community development, environmental planning, and the coordination of other services.
Northeast Michigan Regional Prosperity Collaborative
The Prosperity Collaborative is created, through public/private collaboration, to achieve sustainable economic development resulting in rising employment, income, and overall quality of life in Northeast Michigan.